BF Deals?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Is there anthing good to buy online this year? :elephant:

LunarMist

I was hoping for better HDD deals. There is a Seagate 2TB that I would not touch :puke-l: and the same old sAmsung 2.5" 640GB@7200 RPM, but I really don't need another one. The SSD is a good deal, but I have had no further issues with the two Corsair 60's since using them separately.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Looks like google soca can't handle the load for that spreadsheet.

Stereodude

Not really a
Crucial is going to sell their refurb Indilinx SSD's for $1 per gig starting at 9AM MST link

Note they only have a 30 day warranty though.

I can't decide if I want to attempt to buy one, or what size to get. I don't have an immediate need for another SSD and the short warranty makes me a little nervous going for a 256GB (which is probably the most interesting to me).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I am trying really hard to not buy a new Thinkpad. I don't need one and the deal isn't THAT good (15% off), but I'm still tempted.

Stereodude

Not really a
I priced out at T410 and wasn't impressed with the deal. The deal I hooked my Dad up with earlier in the year when he bought his was much better.

Stereodude

Not really a
So I went to Walmart and Lowes at about 11am. Both still have their "doorbusters" I was after. Walmart had a pile of $5 Blu-Ray discs. I decided to shoot first and ask questions later. I bought one of each of most of the $5 BD's they had, came home and then read the reviews to see which one I'll be returning & keeping. :rofl:

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Because I read this thread this morning, I decided to improvise a "Black Friday Sale" at my shop. For the entire eleven hours and a half we were opened, we had four customers. It really wasn't worth the trouble.

Mercutio

Because I read this thread this morning, I decided to improvise a "Black Friday Sale" at my shop. For the entire eleven hours and a half we were opened, we had four customers. It really wasn't worth the trouble.

Sane people do not attempt to go anywhere near retail establishments on the day after Thanksgiving (which was last month for Canada, anyway). Insane people probably aren't bothering with stores that have less surface area than a football field.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I guess Boxing Day is more of the big shopping holiday in Canada.
The three times I visited Canada were in Summer, so I don't know about the Holiday season. Here in Québec, the bussiest shopping day varies from year to year. I think it's normally around December 13th, but last year, it was December 23rd.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Sane people do not attempt to go anywhere near retail establishments on the day after Thanksgiving (which was last month for Canada, anyway). Insane people probably aren't bothering with stores that have less surface area than a football field.
When I was young, in the days before there was an Internet, I have gone to the mall many a time, and driven through the parking lot and returned home without shutting off the engine, not wishing to tangle with the mad masses.

Mercutio

My only choice for reasonably close grocery shopping is a WalMart. I know from experience that there's no point to shopping for groceries during December at any point before 10PM because WalMart is ALWAYS crowded.

I managed to get 10 Gigabyte G31M motherboards for $350, which I thought was a good buy, and an Atom D510 + board for another $60. Those were my big buys for the weekend.

Mercutio

My choices for Grocery shopping are really limited otherwise. I'd have to either make a 20 mile round trip every time I want something or go to a little market that's a half-step up from a convenience store.

LunarMist

The three times I visited Canada were in Summer, so I don't know about the Holiday season. Here in Québec, the bussiest shopping day varies from year to year. I think it's normally around December 13th, but last year, it was December 23rd.

Québec does not follow the Canadian holidays?

Mercutio

Coug is in Quebec. Whether or not that's actually Canada depends on who you're asking. You should know that, LM.

LunarMist

I asked if they had the same holidays. I've never been to Canada or Québec or whatever. Maybe in 2011...