Anandtech purchased by Purch (Media)

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
FYI, Anandtech has posted on their homepage, that they have been purchased by Purch. When Anand made the notice to stand down, offers were made, and today Anandtech announced the purchase.

Purch also own Toms Hardware, so it'll be interesting how Anandtech evolves over the coming year. Full details at the link below.

Link: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8790/anandtech-acquired-by-purch

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Honestly, I don't know what to think of it. In theory, it could be a good thing as it could give them more means to access content and hardware for their reviews. However, the world being what it is, they'll probably end up like an elaborated advertising vitrine for big tech companies, much like Motor Trend is for car makers. That and, if it's possible, even moer ads banners.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I stopped being a daily reader to Anandtech a few years ago when they started reviewing cameras, Apple, phone, mobile, etc. When Anandtech was PC-centric I was a big fan, but the later years they were pretty much Meh. I will give them credit as their PC "tech" articles, Chipset/CPU articles and their SSD reviews are top notch but I don't care about the rest.

At least their "DailyTech" news section is gone. I consider that a plus.

I'm hoping for the best but expect the worse.