Alternatives to Amazon

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
After Amazon screwed me the fourth time in less than two months on shipments being "undeliverable" I'm trying to figure where to buy some of the smaller electronic/computer items.
Does anybody use the real UPS or real FedEx (not Home) anymore? I don't want free shipping, but reliable shipping where I can pick up a package at the station. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the delivery company themselves. I've been getting a lot of "undeliverable" stuff lately, from B&H and other places as well. It is true that Amazon is the only one that proactively sends a message (the others just arrive late without notice) unless you actively track the package.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Does anybody use the real UPS or real FedEx (not Home) anymore? I don't want free shipping, but reliable shipping where I can pick up a package at the station.
As DD said, the problem isn't with Amazon. They're just trying to get it to you the cheapest/fastest way.

All delivery services are garbage. The business is entirely commoditized. Only high-cost international and express packages get any kind of preferential handling.

If you want to always pick-up your packages (which seems to to defeat the point of a delivery service), I'm pretty sure that UPS, FedEx, and USPS allow you to set that up.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
As DD said, the problem isn't with Amazon. They're just trying to get it to you the cheapest/fastest way.

All delivery services are garbage. The business is entirely commoditized. Only high-cost international and express packages get any kind of preferential handling.

If you want to always pick-up your packages (which seems to to defeat the point of a delivery service), I'm pretty sure that UPS, FedEx, and USPS allow you to set that up.
The problem is that since Amazon shipping sucks, I'm less interested in them for normal products, but for the weird small ones like the voltage source.
I understand that eBay is the haven for all that stuff, but it is 10x worse as there are numerous suppliers.

Meanwhile Amazon keeps recommending women's underwear and I cannot stop it. :mad:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
No I don't want to. I select Mens but the brand has Womens dept. also.

Now I'm locked out because my email and password are not good enough. Supposedly they sent me some kind of message, but I cannot access it. F*ck it.