Alaska Sen Stevens has officially lost.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
The real question is: What is wrong with all those people that voted for a convicted felon (Appeal not withstanding)? Don't they trust the court system? Is not graft, totally unacceptable in a US Senator? Don't they want their representation and the decisions he makes to be something controlled by something other than who will pay-off their Senator?

I'm not so nieve as to believe that money doesn't matter, but he was so stupid to get caught which is the one unforgivable ethical sin. Obviously, I am wrong because an awefull lot of people voted for him...

ddrueding

Fixture
The real question is: What is wrong with all those people that voted for a convicted felon (Appeal not withstanding)? Don't they trust the court system? Is not graft, totally unacceptable in a US Senator? Don't they want their representation and the decisions he makes to be something controlled by something other than who will pay-off their Senator?

I'm not so nieve as to believe that money doesn't matter, but he was so stupid to get caught which is the one unforgivable ethical sin. Obviously, I am wrong because an awefull lot of people voted for him...

He campaigned on how much money he brought to the state. Not how much they needed, or what use that money was. If all you want from the feds is money, someone like him is who you want getting it for you. Further, his seniority alone guarantees that the new guy won't be able to do as much.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
People vote for dead candidates, so nothing would surprise me.