$8000 US for a personal Satellite including launch

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
TubeSat-1.

I find this intriguing and surprisingly affordable. The concept of making my own satellite and sending it up into orbit is really neat. I would think that anyone here that was interested in making their own UAV might also find this interesting too. It is not something I would never thought possible because of the cost of launching.

For cost reasons, they must end up launching a lot of these at one time. I do wonder what they do to prevent all these mini-satellites released at the same time from running into each other. I'm sure other potential issues exist too like broadcast frequency sharing.

For more details you can email them and they will send you specifications and additional pricing options (for the double/triple tube sizes?)

ddrueding

Fixture
I wouldn't worry about collisions with other tubesats launched at the same time; their relative velocity would be very low. Also, if they started in actual contact with each other, they would only drift apart over time.

My big fear is all the junk that will end up floating around up there; I can only hope that they are using super-low orbits (<200km) that burn up in a few years.