3D movies at home

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Our new TV is Internet connected, DVD connected, roku connected, and 3D. And it is still difficult to find something 3D to play with.
I'm I accidentally in front of the curve? Are there worthwhile 3D DVDs out there?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm completely unimpressed by 3D BDs. As far as I know, there aren't any 3D DVDs at all, and the cost of the depth of field effect for a 3D movie is a significant level of color contrast that I find far more enjoyable than whatever hokey crap they're doing with the 3D to begin with.

I'm not sure how many times one can watch Avatar, but it's definitely the showpiece for 3D technology.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'll second Merc. I have Avatar, Thor, Tron: Legacy, and some others in 3D. I also have active shutter glasses for my projector. I don't think we've even watched all those once.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
If you have the ability check out wealth3d. The topic is all cheeseball but the the effect is interesting the most dramatic I've seen.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
WHY would you want to screw with your brains depth perception for extended periods of time, for some cheesy special effects, and sub standard color work?
The thought of having kids play games for extended periods on 3D, prior to effective, comprehensive testing truly scares me.