1TB Seagate for $109.99 shipped

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
woot has 750GB Seagate ASes for $77 + $5 flat shipping (for up to 3 drives).

I've had to ship back almost half the 750GB Seagate drives I've bought (6 out of 13)and I know ddrueding has had problems with them as well. And I had huge problems with the 80GB models I bought for my summer computer building classes as well.

I'm not sure I'd trust any Seagate drive any more. I'm not quite at the point of rabid hatred but at this point I certainly don't view Seagate's brand as a mark of quality.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
woot has 750GB Seagate ASes for $77 + $5 flat shipping (for up to 3 drives).

I've had to ship back almost half the 750GB Seagate drives I've bought (6 out of 13)and I know ddrueding has had problems with them as well. And I had huge problems with the 80GB models I bought for my summer computer building classes as well.

I'm not sure I'd trust any Seagate drive any more. I'm not quite at the point of rabid hatred but at this point I certainly don't view Seagate's brand as a mark of quality.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I don't buy recertified/refurbished drives no matter what the price. If they were new, that would be an excellent price for a 750GB. But, they are not.

Perhaps, the problem is that you are buying used drives ...

ddrueding

Fixture
I've had two failures out of 16 for me, and none in the bunch more I have deployed. I used Samsung until they weren't offering in flagship capacities, and I never switched back. The fact that my two failures were both operating at high temperatures (one in an unventilated external enclosure, the other showed consistent SMART temps ~50C) makes me not hold a grudge. Compared to what my WD hard drives, this is still a good showing. Of course, I only had one Samsung fail, so they still get top marks.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
As far as I can tell, Dell has closed this offer. Next is to see if Dell honors my order or if they cancel it.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
As far as I can tell, Dell has closed this offer. Next is to see if Dell honors my order or if they cancel it.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Dell sent me an Email saying that they had recevied an unexpected demand and that they have revised the ship date from 8/19 to 8/26.

At least they didn't cancel it. Which was what I expected.