Australian Fires

time

Storage? I am Storage!
There's currently 80 or 90 wildfires in my state in Australia, as well as a bunch in the next state. Places that have never been under threat in 100 years have been destroyed. My brother in law was evacuated earlier from the Sunshine Coast suburb that this video is about, which was posted at ten minutes to midnight:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-09/ember-attack-during-bushfire-on-the-sunshine-coast/11494188

Like something out of a horror movie ... Apparently, the spot fire range is 2,000 meters, making roads and other firebreaks useless.
The Sunshine Coast is north of Brisbane. Chewy lives in the hinterland south of Brisbane, which has even bigger problems.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Yep, she's getting pretty bad out there...

My family and I safe for the moment. (We're in the northern most part of the hinterland, north of Tamborine). The daily smoke haze and constant smoke smell is getting a bit tiresome though... Our only hope is for calmer winds, and rain, neither which are forecast at the moment.

On the way to work this morning, I did spot a small convey of metro fire trucks heading south along the pacific motorway... unknown if they are joining the fire effort, or for some other incident.

Note: Most of the fire crews on the ground are all volunteers (Rural Fire Service), so we hope they all come home safe...

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Oh that sucks. It's like the Malibu fire freaking us out for days. Keep everything essential packed and ready to go.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
There was another fire in Topanga Canyon this weekend. :(
It was a minor fire compared to some of the big ones like in 2005.
I drove that road a thousand times and fire is so scary. :eek:

Stereodude

Not really a
There was another fire in Topanga Canyon this weekend. :(
It was a minor fire compared to some of the big ones like in 2005.
I drove that road a thousand times and fire is so scary. :eek:
Personally, I would have avoided that road while there was a fire instead of driving by it 1000 times.