Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Music

Wannabe Storage Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by CougTek View Post
    I'm on a Slayer mood these days. Since their best pieces date back to the mid-eighties, I'm pretty much like what an Elvis fan was back in the eighties. I listen to stuff from three decades ago.

Not that being an as-been is a new thing in my life...
    Ahhhhhhhh the early/mid 80s. My high school days. Wish I could go back in time knowing what I know now.
    - 3770k, 212 EVO, Z77X-UD4H, 32GB, 660w, Titan, 840 Pro/256GB, 2TB & 1TB, Define R4, P4317Q, Unicomp/104, M500, M401dn, Win7 Pro x64.

- Nikon D610 w/grip, 50mm/1.4G, 16-35mm/4G, 105mm/2.8G micro, 200-500mm/5.6E.

I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    What services do you use for steaming music? I want something on the Androids Bluetooth for vehicular and home use.
    --Lunar

Not really a Fixture
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    What services do you use for steaming music? I want something on the Androids Bluetooth for vehicular and home use.
    I don't steam music. I prefer to broil it.

Sorry, stream.
    --Lunar

I subscribe to Spotify as a primary source of general music streaming. I enjoy the variety of the music and also the system they have which offers new music suggestions. I also use SoundCloud for more indie music from some artists I follow. I rarely use Pandora these days because the price isn't worth it to me nor is the amount of time spent listening to commercials along with lack of customizable content.

Not really a Fixture
    Sorry, stream.
    Oh. Well, I don't do that either.

Then how? Do you do it manually? I want to maintain signal while I sleep so that would be a large amount of content.
    --Lunar

You down download music from Spotify that you frequently listen to if you don't want to stream.

Not really a Fixture
    Then how? Do you do it manually? I want to maintain signal while I sleep so that would be a large amount of content.
    I have an iPod loaded with music in my Audi that I listen to. I've been listening to the radio in my Chevy since it lacks any sort of advanced connectivity. I suppose I could put my nice Alpine headunit with time alignment back in the car though which would give me an Auxiliary input as well as MP3 CD playback capability. I'll have to find it though.

I have Pandora, Amazon Music, and Soundcloud for streaming. Audible for books on tape, and DoggCatcher for podcasts.

Amazon is the one I use most, and have a nice collection of songs there. When I want to find something new I use Pandora. Some of the niche stuff is only on SoundCloud.
    Work1: i7-8086@5.3Ghz, 32GB, 512GB 970 Pro, 2080ti
    Home1: i7-8700K@5.1Ghz, 64GB, 512GB 960 Pro, 1080ti
    Home2: i9-7900X@4.5Ghz, 64GB, 512GB 960 Pro, 1080ti

Do you mean the $8/mo. Amazon? I have the Amazonian Primes.
    --Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    I have an iPod loaded with music in my Audi that I listen to. I've been listening to the radio in my Chevy since it lacks any sort of advanced connectivity. I suppose I could put my nice Alpine headunit with time alignment back in the car though which would give me an Auxiliary input as well as MP3 CD playback capability. I'll have to find it though.
    I had no idea that ipods had the BT in that era. Mostly I drive Fords, Nissans, Toyotas, Chevys, etc. depending on the rental company. I can't get a large car or SUV unless there are at least 3 people, but I would not be music then.
    --Lunar

Not really a Fixture
    I had no idea that ipods had the BT in that era.
    They didn't. The Audi has a proprietary connector in the glove box for which Audi made various adapter cables. The car came with one for connecting Apple devices with the 30 pin connector. That allows the radio to control the iPod and display all the song information on the car's LCD. My Audi also has Bluetooth streaming audio support, but I've never used it. I've only used the hands free BT audio profile for the phone.

Mostly I drive Fords, Nissans, Toyotas, Chevys, etc. depending on the rental company. I can't get a large car or SUV unless there are at least 3 people, but I would not be music then.
    Most new cars support Bluetooth streaming and/or have USB ports. You could carry a USB stick with music loaded on it, and/or have music loaded on your phone for playback over Bluetooth to the car.

Tonight's awesome discovery. Explore the channel if you like, seriously talented.

Work1: i7-8086@5.3Ghz, 32GB, 512GB 970 Pro, 2080ti
    Home1: i7-8700K@5.1Ghz, 64GB, 512GB 960 Pro, 1080ti
    Home2: i9-7900X@4.5Ghz, 64GB, 512GB 960 Pro, 1080ti

Not really a Fixture
    What new music or new to you music are you guys listening to these days? I spun Lindsey Stirling's album Shatter Me the other day and found it rather enjoyable. I also recently picked up a few Gareth Emery albums and a couple of Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep albums also.

I'm looking forward to checking out Les Friction's second album, Dark Matter that was released late last year. Their first album was good, as were the earlier E.S. Posthumus albums.

On a related note, I was disappointed to find out that the Geiss plugin for Winamp runs badly under Windows 8.1 (run with Foobar2k using shpeck). It worked nicely under Windows 7.

What new music or new to you music are you guys listening to these days? I spun Lindsey Stirling's album Shatter Me the other day and found it rather enjoyable. I also recently picked up a few Gareth Emery albums and a couple of Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep albums also.

I'm looking forward to checking out Les Friction's second album, Dark Matter that was released late last year. Their first album was good, as were the earlier E.S. Posthumus albums.

On a related note, I was disappointed to find out that the Geiss plugin for Winamp runs badly under Windows 8.1 (run with Foobar2k using shpeck). It worked nicely under Windows 7.
    I've somewhat lost interest. My ears are not what they used to be.
    --Lunar

Not really a Fixture
    I've somewhat lost interest. My ears are not what they used to be.
    That stops you from listening to music? Do you have something other than normal age related high frequency loss?

That stops you from listening to music? Do you have something other than normal age related high frequency loss?
    Over 8K it is a little low and by 12K it is shit.
    --Lunar

Not really a Fixture
    Over 8K it is a little low and by 12K it is shit.
    So you'll miss about 1 octave of little sparkle and sheen on the very top end. I wouldn't expect that to be so bad that you'd want to stop listening to music, but I'm not in your position.

I'm not doing well with ageing. It's about half physical and half mental.
    I boosted everything starting 6K 3dB up to 5dB at the higher frequencies.
    --Lunar

What is this storage?
    Personally, my music tastes has shifted drastically throughout the years, first taking to pop as a kid, then moving on into metal and rock as a teen, lightly touching into the EDM area upon hitting the 18-20 years, and now settling back in with the old school stuff like ACDC, Guns & Roses, and Motley Crue, with the occasional jazz and mainstream music every now and then.

Not really a Fixture
    So, apparently BT came out with an album at the end of 2016 that can only be had in a lossy format. Hard pass for me...

Learning Storage Performance Newtun's Avatar

Thread Information