Page 351 of 351 FirstFirst ... 251301341342343344345346347348349350351
Results 17,501 to 17,509 of 17509

Thread: Something Random

Not really a Hairy Aussie
    I bought a number of used CDs in the past 2 weeks. Today a large number of them arrived in my mailbox. I thought I had seen it all in my used CD buying over the past years, but today I was surprised. One of the jewel cases had a burned Verbatim CD-RW in it instead of a pressed disc.

It appears to be a burned version of the disc that's supposed to be in it. Gloria did not do a good job inspecting it.
    Last edited by Stereodude; 11-13-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Had the Nokian Hakka 9s mounted for their second season on the car today. Conditions were marginal on way to shop, its been many years since I've driven an all season tire on snow and ice. Terrifying.

I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    I bought a number of used CDs in the past 2 weeks. Today a large number of them arrived in my mailbox. I thought I had seen it all in my used CD buying over the past years, but today I was surprised. One of the jewel cases had a burned Verbatim CD-RW in it instead of a pressed disc.

It appears to be a burned version of the disc that's supposed to be in it. Gloria did not do a good job inspecting it.
    It's like the cell phones, but tires. I try to avoid those frozen countries in the winter.
    --Lunar

Unsubscribe is worthless. It doesn't seem to stop the bastards.
    --Lunar

Somehow my reply was in error. I'm not surprised about the burned CDs. That was an issue starting in the 90s when the CD-R arrived in volume.
    I experienced several of those bogus discs when I was in developing nations. Unfortunately they used some heavy duty wrapping machine and it was not possible to open the discs ahead of time.
    Who is Gloria?
    --Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBastard View Post
    Had the Nokian Hakka 9s mounted for their second season on the car today. Conditions were marginal on way to shop, its been many years since I've driven an all season tire on snow and ice. Terrifying.
    I just put my Blizzak LM32s on today because we're supposed to get a small amount of snow. I'm considering getting new snows to replace these with the Nokian Hakka R3 since I don't need studs in my area. I hear great things about the Hakka 9s; do you like them?

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Who is Gloria?
    The person who inspected the disc. Their name was on the paper slip included with the disc.
    Last edited by Stereodude; Today at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Unsubscribe is worthless. It doesn't seem to stop the bastards.
    Tell me about it. I bought tickets through Ticketmaster for one event at one venue and now I get spammed with e-mails for that venue. I click the unsubscribe link and it takes me to a webpage where I can check what I want to receive about. Everything is unchecked, but I keep getting e-mails. I've taken to flagging them as spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Handruin View Post
    I just put my Blizzak LM32s on today because we're supposed to get a small amount of snow. I'm considering getting new snows to replace these with the Nokian Hakka R3 since I don't need studs in my area. I hear great things about the Hakka 9s; do you like them?
    Yes, very satisfied with the Hakka 9 performance. Absolute control when cornering (RWD) in the crappiest of conditions The only time these failed me was when I beached the car in a severely unplowed intersection, but I can't blame them for that. Downside is they are reasonably loud due to the studs, and suffer some in wet weather performance like all studded tires. My previous snow tires have all been non studded (Nokian and Blizzaks). For my youngest son and his first winter driving by himself in his pickup truck I've ordered Blizzak DM-V2s, I gave him the option of studded tires but he declined due to noise. I don't think he has the discipline to drive very gently for a few hundred miles to bed in a set ot studded tires anyway. Going to go with a bunch of horse stall mats stacked for weight in the pickup bed (RWD).

Thread Information