Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236286326327328329330331332333334335336
Results 16,751 to 16,782 of 16782

Thread: Something Random

  1. #16751
    Fixture ddrueding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,088
    Thanks for that. The "Extend" version (with j264 transcoder) is on the way. They say their software can do the live and DVR things.
    Work1: i7-5930K@4.57Ghz, 64GB, 512GB Samsung XP941, 2x 290X
    Home1: i7-7700k@5Ghz, 32GB, 1TB 960 Evo, 2x 1080
    Home2: i7-6700k@4.4Ghz, 32GB@3Ghz, 2x SM951, 2x Titan X

  2. #16752
    NVIDIA> AMD Fixture Handruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,317
    Plex also supports DVR capabilities with the HD Homerun tuner/DVR as long as you're a Plex Pass subscriber. I have that on my list of things to try some day.

  3. #16753
    Wotty wot wot. Storage Is My Life Chewy509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland, Australia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Most of the genetic disorders have no real treatments. I doubt they had the genetic tests back then.
    What makes it harder, that for my wife's form of EDS, there is still no genetic test available, but rather diagnosis is via completion of a checklist with points scored for each positive. With EDS being considered a rare disease, knowledge in the medical community about this condition (at least here) is lacking. Additionally none of the medical specialists she has seen over the years (for her various conditions) have actually looked at her health as a whole (why would someone have a whole stack of unrelated illnesses, when typically you would only have 1-2), other than her GP who kept pushing to find out if there was a root cause to all her conditions...

    However, from what we've found from the various support groups around EDS, the above situation is pretty common before people are actually diagnosed.

    In short, her current conditions include: COPD, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, frequent dislocations (due to having hypermobile joints), poor healing time (particularly with cuts/bruises), Prolapse, Chronic Fatigue, Ectopic heartbeat, Crohn's disease and Breast Cancer (2nd instance). In short, she's 39, living in the body of a 70 year old, with all the medical conditions of someone that age.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  4. #16754
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    I may be persuaded under duress to participate in a golf match with the asian contingent.
    I have no experience so it may get ugly. Do you need a cup for protection of the carbon fibre testicles?
    --Lunar

  5. #16755
    Fixture ddrueding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,088
    Mainly be careful of your back. If you are bad at golf you will be swinging about twice as much as someone who is good. Each swing will strain your lower back.

    Also, be wary of sun exposure, particularly if combined with alcohol consumption.
    Work1: i7-5930K@4.57Ghz, 64GB, 512GB Samsung XP941, 2x 290X
    Home1: i7-7700k@5Ghz, 32GB, 1TB 960 Evo, 2x 1080
    Home2: i7-6700k@4.4Ghz, 32GB@3Ghz, 2x SM951, 2x Titan X

  6. #16756
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    I may be persuaded under duress to participate in a golf match with the asian contingent.
    I have no experience so it may get ugly. Do you need a cup for protection of the carbon fibre testicles?
    Are you sure you can play golf? You've cryptically described having numerous physical issues at different times on the forum.

  7. #16757
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    I won't play well; that is for sure.

    Someone explained there is a Mullagatawny rule so you can stop if the ball is not in the hole after 8 strokes or some number like that.
    --Lunar

  8. #16758
    Storage? I am Storage! Howell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    I won't play well; that is for sure.

    Someone explained there is a Mullagatawny rule so you can stop if the ball is not in the hole after 8 strokes or some number like that.
    I'd be much more worried about slowing the group down than maxing out each hole. You could play a "best ball" type game where you take your next shot from the location of the group's best shot. Do this and it's likely you can even leave your hand wedge at home.

  9. #16759
    Fixture ddrueding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,088
    If it is a competitive match, you can ask for the rules to be a "Scramble". This means that after each team hits, the team chooses the shot they like best and everyone hits from there. Odds are you will be hitting from other people's positions a lot, so you won't be falling behind.
    Work1: i7-5930K@4.57Ghz, 64GB, 512GB Samsung XP941, 2x 290X
    Home1: i7-7700k@5Ghz, 32GB, 1TB 960 Evo, 2x 1080
    Home2: i7-6700k@4.4Ghz, 32GB@3Ghz, 2x SM951, 2x Titan X

  10. #16760
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    I'm starting to think golf was not a very good idea.
    --Lunar

  11. #16761
    Storage? I am Storage! Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    27a No Fixed Address, Oz.
    Age
    8
    Posts
    3,699
    Explain to them that, being a proper computer specialist, you always begin a count with 0, not 1. That gets you a freebie off the tee. It's not much, but every little helps.

    Air shots, of course, should be regarded in the same manner as pre-release betas, which do not increment the version number.
    Mein Elefant hat einen Kater

  12. #16762
    Storage is cool DrunkenBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    on the floor
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    I'm starting to think golf was not a very good idea.
    You should be fine assuming you'll be driving carts and not walking the course. Just swing and have fun.

  13. #16763
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Maybe I need an excuse. Meningitis? Pancreas? Aorta?
    --Lunar

  14. #16764
    Storage? I am Storage! Bozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    4,375
    When I played golf, I picked up the nickname " comic relief ".
    Bozo

  15. #16765
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    You were the BOZO.
    --Lunar

  16. #16766
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    Getting to South Carolina is proving to be challenging. My first flight has been delayed by over 4 hours. Now I can't even get there tonight.

  17. #16767
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    Getting to South Carolina is proving to be challenging. My first flight has been delayed by over 4 hours. Now I can't even get there tonight.
    Bummer. Is there a gecko-man in the air traffic controller, or are delays caused by thunderstorms?
    --Lunar

  18. #16768
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Is there a gecko-man in the air traffic controller, or are delays caused by thunderstorms?
    Mechanical problems with the plane. Though maybe the lizard people sabotaged it. Now we're going to use a different plane after it lands.

  19. #16769
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Some Squamata were involved, no doubt.
    --Lunar

  20. #16770
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Some Squamata were involved, no doubt.
    I'm sure. So I'm actually going to make it to South Carolina before dawn. I was originally supposed to be on the 2nd to last flight from Atlanta. The put me on the last one after I wouldn't make the one I was originally booked on. The last one had a 75 minute delay which is the only reason I made it. I will end up getting in about 2.5 hours late. My poor sister will have to pick me up from the airport at 1:45am or so.

  21. #16771
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    I'm sure. So I'm actually going to make it to South Carolina before dawn. I was originally supposed to be on the 2nd to last flight from Atlanta. The put me on the last one after I wouldn't make the one I was originally booked on. The last one had a 75 minute delay which is the only reason I made it. I will end up getting in about 2.5 hours late. My poor sister will have to pick me up from the airport at 1:45am or so.
    Can you take a taxi or the UBER?
    --Lunar

  22. #16772
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Can you take a taxi or the UBER?
    Maybe... My sister came and got me though.

  23. #16773
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    My prescription sunglasses are now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

  24. #16774
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    My prescription sunglasses are now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Damn, you are not having much luck lately.
    Can you use clip-ons with regular glasses until you get another pair?
    Normally I use the strap type eyeglass holders outdoors, but I don't need to wear glasses for distance.
    --Lunar

  25. #16775
    Serial computer killer Hairy Aussie CougTek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Québec, Québec
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Normally I use the strap type eyeglass holders outdoors, but I don't need to wear glasses for distance.
    I don't even know why I still try clicking on the links in your posts.

  26. #16776
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CougTek View Post
    I don't even know why I still try clicking on the links in your posts.
    That one is really strange. It opens another tab of the same page.
    Something like this: http://a.co/4zLNs1q
    --Lunar

  27. #16777
    Fixture ddrueding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,088
    I am very close to getting laser correction done. Losing my current sunglasses would probably be enough.
    Work1: i7-5930K@4.57Ghz, 64GB, 512GB Samsung XP941, 2x 290X
    Home1: i7-7700k@5Ghz, 32GB, 1TB 960 Evo, 2x 1080
    Home2: i7-6700k@4.4Ghz, 32GB@3Ghz, 2x SM951, 2x Titan X

  28. #16778
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrueding View Post
    I am very close to getting laser correction done. Losing my current sunglasses would probably be enough.
    I doubt that laser vision will result in losing fewer sunglasses.
    --Lunar

  29. #16779
    Hairy Aussie timwhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,234
    I got the laser vision about 8 years ago. Still mostly works.

  30. #16780
    Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,326
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Can you use clip-ons with regular glasses until you get another pair?
    I bought a pair of clip on sunglasses today.

    The ones i lost were probably 20 years old, but I used them for driving in my car. I took them to SC with me though.

    I had been intending to get better prescription sunglasses like real sun glasses that are prescription instead of tinted lenses in normal glasses frames. However, my general laziness won out. Now i will have to actually do something.

  31. #16781
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    I bought a pair of clip on sunglasses today.

    The ones i lost were probably 20 years old, but I used them for driving in my car. I took them to SC with me though.

    I had been intending to get better prescription sunglasses like real sun glasses that are prescription instead of tinted lenses in normal glasses frames. However, my general laziness won out. Now i will have to actually do something.
    Just refrain from using them during the lunar eclipse.
    --Lunar

  32. #16782
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    I prefer the ARM Deltoid vs in the ass Gluteal.
    --Lunar

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 19 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 19 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •