Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339340341342343344345346347348349
Results 17,401 to 17,404 of 17404

Thread: Something Random

I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    Did you let them know? What about South Carolina?
    I assume so, but that is not my area in recent times. My leg suffered with the Charleston once.
    https://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/
    --Lunar

Hopefully Handruin is ok after all those natural gas pipeline explosions in Massachusetts, scary that an overpressure in the pipe can cause such devastation. Makes me glad I've got LPG tanks instead.

Crazy how that happened. I don't live in that area but a few coworkers were not allowed into their houses until this could be figured out. Many months ago I had looked at a house in a different town that had a natural gas pipeline that ran right through the property. I loved everything about the house except this...and decided to pass on the house. That house wasn't part of this issue but it illustrates why I might have reserve with having the major pipeline go through the property even if it is a very rare occurrence.

They haven't admitted what caused it yet (happened after maintenance work had been announced) but apparently a very similar pattern of fires happened a while back in Chicago and turned out that was a failure of the pressure regulator that drops the distribution pressure down to domestic levels. So it's not that there was a high risk major pipeline under these houses, but their standard gas supply coming in to the house had too much pressure in them. Then the excess pressure would leak out of your piping or gas appliances I guess. Normally the pressure in the lines would be brought down to maybe a 1/4 PSI by the meter/regulator.

Thread Information