Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Photokina 2019 been cancelled

  1. #1
    Wannabe Storage Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,413

    Photokina 2019 been cancelled

    Via canonrumers... Photokina 2019 scheduled for May has been cancelled, show to return annually May 2020.

    Interesting. CaNikon can now delay future MILC's a bit longer. Maybe.

    EDIT. Doh. Can a mod move this into DSLR thread. THXs.
    - 3770k, 212 EVO, Z77X-UD4H, 32GB, 660w, Titan, 840 Pro/256GB, 2TB & 1TB, Define R4, P4317Q, Unicomp/104, M500, M401dn, Win7 Pro x64.

    - Nikon D610 w/grip, 50mm/1.4G, 16-35mm/4G, 105mm/2.8G micro, 200-500mm/5.6E.

  2. #2
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by snowhiker View Post
    Via canonrumers... Photokina 2019 scheduled for May has been cancelled, show to return annually May 2020.

    Interesting. CaNikon can now delay future MILC's a bit longer. Maybe.

    EDIT. Doh. Can a mod move this into DSLR thread. THXs.
    I'm surprised that it exists at all. The vast majority of purchases are now sight unseen due to the destruction of the B-M stores. Every press release is regurgitated 1000x online in milliseconds.
    Even years ago those shows were more useful for the smaller companies that really needed promotional exposure compared to the CNOPM (big five) that paid for multipage ads everywhere.
    --Lunar

  3. #3
    Not really a Fixture
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,035
    As long as they don't cancel Christmas I'm good.

  4. #4
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,616
    Germans or the Grinch?
    --Lunar

  5. #5
    Not really a Fixture
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,035
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Germans or the Grinch?
    Is there a difference?

  6. #6
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,616
    Today's St. Nick.
    --Lunar

  7. #7
    Not really a Fixture
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,035
    I'm more interested to see if the Powershot G7x Mk III will be introduced at CES like rumored.

  8. #8
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    I'm more interested to see if the Powershot G7x Mk III will be introduced at CES like rumored.
    I hope it is better. The G7x Mk II looks awful and has no viewfinder. Is there some reason you don't buy a Sony?
    --Lunar

  9. #9
    Not really a Fixture
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,035
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    I hope it is better. The G7x Mk II looks awful and has no viewfinder. Is there some reason you don't buy a Sony?
    Yeah, about 1200 of them.

  10. #10
    I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    Yeah, about 1200 of them.
    So what are you expecting from a Mark III, a lower price on a II?
    --Lunar

  11. #11
    Not really a Fixture
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,035
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    So what are you expecting from a Mark III, a lower price on a II?
    Potentially something to replace my RX-100 MkII. I don't see Canon trying to double the price of the II with the III to equal the RX-100 MkVI

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •