Thread: Signature Length increase.

Wannabe Storage Freak

Signature Length increase.

Signature Length increase. Current max is 500 characters. If there's no objections from other users can this be bumped up a bit? Nothing crazy, maybe 750?

Or is my current sig (cut down to meet current guidelines) too long and obnoxious already? LOL.

Thanks in advance.
    - 3770k, 212 EVO, Z77X-UD4H, 32GB, 660w, Titan, 840 Pro/256GB, 2TB & 1TB, Define R4, P4317Q & ZR24w, Unicomp/104, Win7 Pro x64.

- Nikon D610 w/grip, 50mm/1.4G, 16-35mm/4G, 105mm/2.8G micro, 200-500mm/5.6E.

Serial computer killer Hairy Aussie CougTek's Avatar
    The goal of a short signature limit is IMO to maintain forum readability. I really haven't looked into this, but if there's a way to fix the caracters size to the smallest size, then I wouldn't mind a small bump in the allowed caracters number. Otherwise, abuse is at risk and too much screen space could be taken in redondant information.

Just my opinion.

Wannabe Storage Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by CougTek View Post
    The goal of a short signature limit is IMO to maintain forum readability. I really haven't looked into this, but if there's a way to fix the caracters size to the smallest size, then I wouldn't mind a small bump in the allowed caracters number. Otherwise, abuse is at risk and too much screen space could be taken in redondant information.

Just my opinion.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I've reduced the font size in my sig. I'll check to see if it can go smaller. Can the admin allow a smaller font size within the forum software? I'd like to reduce the font size of my sig so it's all there but doesn't effect forum readability.

EDIT: The font size is set to smallest now. If the font size could be further reduced, it would help forum readability.
    - 3770k, 212 EVO, Z77X-UD4H, 32GB, 660w, Titan, 840 Pro/256GB, 2TB & 1TB, Define R4, P4317Q & ZR24w, Unicomp/104, Win7 Pro x64.

I'm guessing it must be possible to change the smallest font size via a css modification. I'll have to investigate it but I'll admit I may not get to it for a couple days. I can also look into bumping the max length up to 750 and see if it's usable.

Signatures are superfluous. I don't think we need to know what you're running or shooting with on every post. We can put that information in the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rickards View Post
    Signatures are superfluous. I don't think we need to know what you're running or shooting with on every post. We can put that information in the profile.
    Ditto.

Wannabe Storage Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Handruin View Post
    I'm guessing it must be possible to change the smallest font size via a css modification. I'll have to investigate it but I'll admit I may not get to it for a couple days. I can also look into bumping the max length up to 750 and see if it's usable.
    I hope my suggestion didn't sound like any type of demand. I have to stay up for 35 hours straight to reset my "sleep clock" (I work mights, sleep days normally) so I can have a "normal" sleep schedule for my upcoming road trip, hence, I was messing with my sig and came up against the 500 character limit. So I posted without thinking as Coug and Will have pointed out.

I'd still like a smaller font for my sig, regardless of its length, so as to make it as unobtrusive as possible. I can always pair down my sig length to say under 500 characters. And of course no hurry with any modifications you make. And thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rickards View Post
    LOL. You are 100% correct of course. I always figured sigs were more for the person than anybody else anyways. Frankly, I've never had any "really nice" things before except the two things in my sig and I like seeing it.

I can't believe I'm a Fixture LunarMist's Avatar
    You could use some sleep.
    --Lunar

Why? You haven't posted any content yet.
    --Lunar

Not really a Hairy Aussie
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMist View Post
    Why? You haven't posted any content yet.
    Because their spam won't fit in the currently allocated limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    Because their spam won't fit in the currently allocated limit.
    I guess they gave up for now.
    --Lunar

Thread Information